Reports to: Director of Alumni & Development
Start date: September 2019
The Associate Director, The Gunnery Fund is an integral member of the school’s fundraising team who will work closely with the Senior Associate Director, The Gunnery Fund, the Associate Director of Reunion Programs, and the Associate Director of Alumni & Parent Engagement as well as other staff within the alumni office to achieve increased levels of annual support from alumni in non-reunion classes between 1943 and 1988. The Associate Director will plan and execute a comprehensive annual giving program, with the goals of increasing Gunnery Fund giving and participation in support of the school’s operational needs. In addition to collaborative, personal solicitation strategies, s/he directs teams of alumni volunteers to solicit class gifts. This is a 40+ hour per week, 12-month professional position, which requires frequent domestic travel. Excellent communication and people skills are required.
Responsibilities may include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
Planning and Analysis
● Plan, organize, execute and evaluate annual giving solicitations to secure philanthropic
support for The Gunnery including personal solicitations, targeted mailings, telephone calls, strategic use of social media and e-communications to alumni.
● Regularly track progress toward achieving goals (financial and donor-related) and metrics.
● Frequently evaluate fundraising progress and results, and make necessary modifications or adjustments in plans as appropriate in order to achieve goals.
● Maintain appropriate records and share progress with the A&D staff.
● Research and explore best practices and implement new ideas to strengthen the program and increase results.
Class Agent Volunteers
● Coordinate campaigns for individual classes, including the scheduling of volunteer meetings and teleconferences, providing information to Class Agents for screening and rating alumni, developing solicitation strategies for each class, and tracking progress on gift solicitations.
● Recruit, train, and manage Class Agent volunteers.
● Identify and prioritize leadership giving prospects. Work with frontline fundraisers to coordinate solicitation and recruitment strategies for key prospects.
● Monitor progress toward class goals and adjust gift campaigns as necessary.
● Assist with and participate in A&D engagement and stewardship events, as requested, both on and off of campus
● Assist with prospect research as needed
● Support stewardship efforts
● Other duties as requested by the Director to meet the needs of the office and mission of the school
Bachelor’s degree required. Three years of experience in Alumni & Development in an independent school preferred. Transferable skills considered. Excellent word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and organizational skills required. Raiser’s Edge and Google Docs, or equivalent, experience beneficial. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, a commitment to customer service and accuracy, and be a team player. Must be a highly motivated, self-starter with good time management skills and an ability to multitask in a dynamic environment. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary and travel regularly.
The Gunnery offers an attractive compensation package that includes a salary commensurate with experience, medical and dental insurance, and retirement plan contributions.
● Cover letter
● Salary requirements
Interested candidates should submit application materials, in confidence, via PDF
in an email to:
Mary Cortese P’21 ’23 ’23, Assistant to the Director of Alumni & Development email@example.com